Yam Raj at the gates of Hell


The point is the drive last night from the ferry to Long Island.  It was pitch dark all the way down.  With the rains and the 10 lane zooming traffic, there was no conversation.  The GPS was God.  And I missed you guys. (Did you hear me say  goodbye, about 8PM EST?)  But we made it alive.  It was a tour de force!  A combination even the best of tennis doubles will not be able to match.


The problem was the officer on the toll road.  It was raining and no moon.  He said, "Gogledibod Ez..."  Sir, I think I got into the wrong lane.  "Could you pass the passxxxx"  Officer, I don't understand...  "This is the last time I am saying this, Give me the Easy Pass."  Officer, I don't have it.  "Just get me that..."  What?  "You just saved yourself a $250 fine."  Thank you, officer.

The moral of the story is.  We will never never drive into New York again.  The next time we face Hell, it will be in Miami.  And she will look very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment